Thursday 30 April 2009

Error On Install: "Installation User Interface Option"

I had a problem installing a new version of a windows application, even after I uninstalled all previous versions. I toyed the following steps, but I had to search the registry myself with the produce code form the MSI project in .Net. Just deleted the whole folder once it was found.

Here a snippet of the web page I found with the solution:

If the application is a Windows or Web application -

1. Go to START, RUN and type the following: MSIEXEC /X "path to the .MSI
file you
want to uninstall" and click OK.
2. After the application is uninstalled, try installing your MSI file
again. If you
get the same error, then some portion of the application still exists on
the
machine. You will want to use MSIZAP to remove the product, or you can
search for
the PRODUCTID of the msi package in the registry and remove the associated
registry
keys. The Product ID looks like {xxxxx-xxxxx-xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx}


Link to source: http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/VisualStudio/microsoft.public.vsnet.general/2005-10/msg00086.html

No comments:

Free Hit Counter